29 May 2014

Finishing Up The Five Senses - Vashon Island Nursery School

Last week we had a "transition week" - finishing up Los Cinco Sentidos, and getting ready for Plants!!! (Plantas!). We actually did quite a bit for a transition week. I had a hard time narrowing down the photos I wanted to post this week, so I just posted a ton. (Couldn't help it. I love these kiddos so much!!!)
Experimenting with ice blocks, salt and water color paint. 



Some of my favorite people in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD!!!




They are such amazing gardeners already!

Picking a bouquet 

Splashing in the water table. Pretty much the most fun EVER!

"CHEESE!"

"Roly polies!"



Es para comerselo!!!!

Love that little tongue sticking out!!!

Science and art with milk, watercolor paint and dish soap!!!




I could have done this all day long!

And then we made prints!

Seriously cool experiment!


Silks and cuddling before nap time!

Como un taco!

Silk scarves are so fun!

¨Here you go!


Amigos para siempre!!!

I just love that smile! (Even with the pb&j left on it!)

<3

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like sending a child to nursery school could be very helpful. My daughter is almost nursery school age, and I would love for her to go to a school like this. I love the idea of her learning about all the five senses. There has been research that teaching children about the five sense young could be very helpful for them, and I love that that's something that you teach. Hopefully when she turns nursery school age, I'll be able to find a school like you.

    Sara Welsh | http://www.colwellnurseryschool.com/curriculum.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so cool! I do not believe I've read through anything like this before. So nice to find another person with unique thoughts on this subject. Seriously.. many thanks for starting this up. This website is something that is required on the internet, someone with some originality!
    daycare in calgary

    ReplyDelete

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.